We’re Passionate About Medical Cannabis.
And we’ve seen the powerful impact it can have firsthand. Between a vast, growing network of dispensaries, a committed, knowledgeable staff, and a wide selection of meticulously curated cannabis products, we offer a solution for every patient.
Learn more about how to become or refer a patient in New York below!
Becoming a Patient
Only a New York State certified, licensed practitioner can decide if you qualify for medical cannabis under New York law. To become a qualified patient, use the state’s Registered Practitioner page to find a practitioner in your area who can grant certification. Once a practitioner has recommended cannabis, you must register as a qualified patient with the state to acquire your medical cannabis card.
Please call us at 1(833)-470-5323 to help find you a practitioner who can approve you or see the Department of Health for more information.
Qualifications for a Registration Certificate:
A patient can be certified to use medical cannabis in New York state if they suffer from one of the following:
- Chronic Pain
- Huntington’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Opioid Use
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Spinal Cord Injury with Spasticity
The associated or complicating conditions include:
- Cachexia/Wasting Syndrome
- Severe or Chronic pain
- Severe Nausea
- Severe or Persistent Muscle Spasms
Additional qualifying conditions are being considered and added to the program on an ongoing basis.
Learn How to Certify Your Patients
Practitioners licensed to practice in New York State and who are registered with the NY Department of Health can approve patients for medical cannabis.
The Department has approved two-course providers to offer the required four- hour course:
- The Answer Page – The online course will cost $249 to take. Successful completion of the course will provide 4.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits(TM), 4.5 CPE credits, and 4.5 CNE credits.
- The Medical Cannabis Institute – The online course will cost $229 to take. Successful completion of the course will provide 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 4 ACPE Credits.
Following successful completion of the NYSDOH-approved course, and upon full compliance with the other requirements set forth in 10 NYCRR §1004.1(a), practitioners who wish to register with NYSDOH to certify patients for medical cannabis must follow the below steps:
- Log into the Health Commerce System.
- Select “All Applications” from the My Content drop down menu.
- Click the “M” tab, find the Medical Marijuana Data Management System (MMDMS) application in the list, and click the green and white “+” icon in the “Add/Remove” column to add the MMDMS application.
- After selecting the MMDMS application, practitioners will be prompted to enter information required to complete the registration process.
- Any questions regarding the practitioner registration process should be emailed to email@example.com. Physician assistants must complete and email the authorization form below to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of registration. The supervising physician must also be registered with the program.